Friday, November 26, 2010

Orientation and Home Stay Dinner!

Today we had orientation.  There are some pretty crazy ruled at the Institute we are staying at!  The boys and girls are not allowed to hang out in each others dorms AT ALL.  There is ABSOLUTELY no PDA no holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc).  These are just the most extreme rules, and are very frustrating, not only to us, but most the people on the trip.  Many of us are feeling like we are being treated like kids, and we are having a hard time dealing with this.  We are hoping that once we get past the orientation we ill have more freedom to explore Cape Town on our own and do things that we want to do!  After orientation, we walked around Town with mentors that had been assigned to us.  Joey had to stay behind because the doctor recommended that he stay off of his leg.  No one was staying behind so I knew that no one would be able to check on Joey.  This was also frustrating because I wasn’t allowed in his dorm so I could not check and make sure he was doing okay.  I went with my group, but I got take away food for Joey and brought it back to him.  Because I am not allowed in his dorm, and there were no boys at BI from our group, I found myself outside the boys dorm yelling, trying to get his attention to give him his food. Lucily, another man heard and got Joey for me.  My group was supposed to come by and get me after they ate, but they never did so I stayed and hung out with Joey and relaxed which was nice.  At night, we packed up our stuff and left for home stays! We had a dinner where we got to meet with all of the families that we would be staying at for the next week!! Christina and I are staying with a couple named Lucy and Clive.  Joey and Lucas are staying with Thelma and Lantor.  We are very excited for home stays!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment