Thursday, December 2, 2010

Joey's leg is DIAGNOSED... and POPPED!

Today Joey went back to the doctor.  This is when the crazy stuff happened!!  For some reason, the leaders said that I wasn’t allowed to go to the doctor with Joey.  This made me very sad because I wanted to be there for him because I knew how much pain he was in.  I was also really worried because his infection wasn’t getting any better!  Apparently, he has an abscess on his leg.  It was ready to pop, and the doctor pushed it and worked on it for a while and got all of the puss out.  The doctor dressed his leg, recommended that Joey doesn’t walk on his leg still, and asked him to come back to the doctor tomorrow.  I went with my group and did a walking tour of Cape Town, but wasn’t able to enjoy it fully because I hadn’t been updated on Joey and was really worried about him. Also, we were split into groups and were on a very strict schedule.  It did make me very excited to be able to go into town with Joey and with our friends and just explore the town!  It is a very pretty and exciting town!!  At the end of the day, we all returned back to our families in our home stays and spent the rest of the night with them!!  Oh, and Joey is fine J  Slowly getting better and making progress on killing the infection!

1 comment: