Friday, December 3, 2010

Sunsets and Braai with our South African Families!

Tonight was such a fun night!!  The day started off a little rough for Joey and I because we have just been stressed, anxious, homesick, etc., but it ended up being a really fun night!! We get dropped off in Oceanview (the township we are staying in) at 6:00p.m. every night.  When Christina and I got back, our host mom and dad told us that we were going to watch the sunset at the beach with Cherokee, Beka, and their host family!  We were super excited to go and watch this!!  We went to the beach and talked, laughed, and watched the sunset.  It was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!  We took TONS of pictures! Ha  After this, Lucy and Clive (Mine and Christina’s host parents) took us to pick up their grandson Pedro and then took us all to McDonalds J  We had a nice time eating, then went to visit their daughter Kim at the hospital! We always enjoy getting to spend time with them, their family, and just getting to know them better.  On our way home, Lucy and Clive dropped us off with Joey and Lucas’ host family and a bunch of their friends.  They were having a braai (BBQ) and just hanging around, talking, laughing, singing, dancing, playing, etc.  They are all fairly young and overall a SUPER lively crowd!  We had SOO much fun just beign able to hang out and laugh and get to know everyone better!  Joey’s host dad 
Lantor drove me and Christina home and played Christmas music in his car which got me REALLY excited!! I can’t wait to come home to Christmas and the whole Christmas environment!!  Along with this excitement, I also became a little sad.  We have grown to love all of these people in Oceanview SO much!!  These last few weeks have been a little rough and been filled with feelings of wanting to go home, but after getting to know these people so well, I can’t imagine not coming back to see them.  It is like I already miss them and I haven’t even left yet!  I really hope that Joey and I will be able to return someday (sooner than later) and stay with our host families in Oceanview again!! We love you all and miss you!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for y'all to be back! I'm sorry you're feeling tired and homesick, I know the feeling. I hope you finish the semester strong, you'll be home soon and Christmas will be awesome! love you both!! :) -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your write up quite intresting and educative as well.
    Very simple to understand . I will definately like to read more from you .

    ReplyDelete